Saturday, April 30, 2011

We Got Green

Well the garden has been tilled and plowed, seed has been planted and we are now seeing green coming from the ground. Not money, but food. Future food that is. Another little treat for me, Bethie had started some cantaloupe & cucumber seed in some small cups. Well the cucumber is coming up like gangbusters and the cantaloupe see is too.

I tried my hand at some cantaloupe seed and watermelon seeds, and they have started coming up. Remember back in grade school when the science teacher would get the milk cartons and the dirt and you would plant some kind of seed (I had no idea what it was) and you were supposed to watch it grow? Well mine never grew. Well the seeds I'm using now are coming up pretty good. I'm also waiting for some Purple Hull Pea seeds to take some kind of root.

1 comment: