Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Something New and Delicious

I have seen this commercial several times and each time I wondered how this baked chicken tasted. It's from the French's Fried Onion website (http://www.frenchs.com/recipe/crunchy-onion-chicken-RE1309.html).

I have my "Bears Oven Fried Chicken" recipe that I have altered to the flavors that we like, and I remember eating this for the first time, helping move some furniture for a friend with a couple of good friends. She used thigh meat with the bone still in; it was moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Was that ever some good chicken?

To share the wonderful taste of this new recipe I'm gonna post it here for whom ever wants it.

Ingredients:

2 cups (4 oz.) FRENCH'S® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions

2 tbsp. all-purpose flour

4 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 egg, beaten

Directions:

Place French Fried Onions and flour into plastic bag. Lightly crush with hands or with rolling pin. Transfer to pie plate or waxed paper.

Dip chicken into egg; then coat with onion crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere. Place chicken on baking sheet.

Bake at 400°F for 20 min. or until no longer pink in center (I've never figure out how to see if all the pink is gone without drying out the chicken, so I usually cook it longer than what it calls for). "I usually add 5-10 minutes to the final baking time."

NOW, for the changes that I make in the ingredients. In place of the egg, use honey mustard instead. It gives a nice "zingy" flavor to the chicken and with the honey in it, it acts almost like a glaze as well (depending on how much you use to coat the chicken). One thing that I did, that maybe I should not have, I put the chicken on a wire rack while in the oven, I'm thinking I should have put it directly on to the sheet pan (which for me has foil on there for easy clean up. But since I used a wire rack it was actually a bit, well it seemed soggy to me on the bottom, but still tasty as all get out. And that's it. Simple and delicious. What did I use for sides? Well we had a bag of "abnormally tall, chlorophyll laced person (Green Giant) broccoli/rice with cheese sauce. The whole dinner was kinda last minute, but I can only imagine how fresh corn on the cob would taste with this, or maybe some fried okra, fresh from the garden. Really need to get that stuff planted this weekend.

Alright you all, talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. Nummy! I want to eat more of it.
    Love, Bethie

    ReplyDelete