Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Heartbreaker

Yes I'll admit, there are things that I'm just an old softie about. Take last night for instance, we actually the past 2 days. There has been a cat meowing very loudly near the apartment. That is not really unusual but last night it sounded like it was in pain or something, I thought it had been trapped inside the garbage can, you know those big monstrosities. So I was going to try and get it out maybe hand it over to animal control or something. I know I didn't like the idea either, but that is that. When I finally found it, it really hurt seeing that it was just a VERY small kitten, black and grey, really pretty in a kitten kind of way. When I moved the dumpster to get to it, off it went, into some bushes. By this time about 4 other people had gotten involved in trying to catch it. Well we got it cornered in by a wall behind some bushes, well also it had gotten under a branch and I think was stuck. When anyone tried to grab it, it would hiss and spit or at least make the sound. Well I got my glove and was able to grab it by the neck, which it didn't like, It was smaller than my whole hand! Well I started pulling some of the bush leaves and stems out of it, and found out it was actually black and white, that's how dirty it was, it kept hissing while I'm pulling this stuff out, then I started rubbing it's back and face, like I do my kitten Scout. What happens? It starts purring. Poor thing was just scared and hungry, it couldn't have been more than a month old if that. Well one lady had a carrier and another lady took it home for the night. Bethie is going to see if this lady we know can take it for foster, I would hate for it to have to go to animal control, they don't have the time or resources to take care of a kitten like this. If this kitten was left out and abandoned, then those people need to be taken out behind the woodshed and beat with a stick a few rocks. If it was born wild, well I think since I got it to purr, that it could be made into a nice house cat for someone.

1 comment: